Am 04.04.2011 11:34, schrieb Thomas Fox:
I thought about interfaces for the generated classes that have getter /
setter for all of the properties. I need to use them in a
multi-classloader environment. The idea was to create an OSGi like
interface / implementation system. That means you have a JAR with the
interfaces and a JAR with the implementations (in this case the
generated classes from Torque).

Torque is able to "generate" interface classes (if they not exist) but
this are plain interfaces with no methods defined at all. It would be
great if there is a way to generate full interfaces, as well for OSGi
environments.

Does anyone know a good way or did an extension for the generation
process to handle generation of interfaces?
In the past, we have done a similar thing for Torque 3.3 (use non-static
DAOs as Frontend to the static Peer classes). We did rewrite the templates
to achieve this. I do not know any other way nor do I know that such
modified templates are available anywhere on the web.

As the Torque 3.3 templates are rewritten quite heavily for torque 4,
changing the templates for torque 3 would be a throwaway work I'm afraid.

However, for Torque 4 it is planned to allow a non-static version of the
peer classes, but this is not implemented yet. In the meantime, it may be
feasible to generate non-static wrappers for peer classes for torque 4 and
also generate interfaces. This would still involve template-rewriting.

I know this answer is not very satisfying but the pest I can come up with.

Thanks for your answer. That's what I expected so I changed the implementation to a different approach.

Since I still working on a draft implementation of using Torque 4 in OSGi environments I don't want to redo all that stuff for Torque 3 but I was hoping I just missed something in Torque codebase.

Cheers Chris