Thanks all for your responses.
Just to clarify, I need to generate sql commands inside my code to
generate a file that can be used by another software (not written by me)
to import data.

I would like not to execute commands but only write them (because this
is what I need).
If I cannot find alternatives, I can execute them and use one of the
logging facilities that have been suggested.

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959