In a message dated 5/1/2004 5:59:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John,

  I am not sure what you mean by "wake up", but I will assume you mean
"read Daniel Lee's posts and moderate them?"

Absolutely

  1. I do not hover over the computer clicking refresh every 10 seconds to
see if someone has posted an ad hominem attack. I sleep sometimes, and even
work 9 hours a day (plus a 2.5 hour commute), so I moderate when I can.

Hence the reason for the "wake up" call.

  2. I have been communicating with Daniel privately about his distasteful
posts until my public post yesterday about his demeaning and ad-hominem
style. Daniel does not respect people. He would prefer to demean them than
teach them or present sound arguments from scripture. He places himself on
the level of Jesus, Paul, and Peter, but behaves more like...well, I do not
know any Bible personalities that were as vile and filthy as he is in his
posts except demons. He confuses profanity, insults, and arrogant remarks
with rebuking and teaching.

Actually, I do not agree with this.   He confuses nothing.   Such passages as  the Galatian text presented to us by Izzy is given to us by a God who actually thought we do understand the differences.   If Daniels problem is confusion on a matter as basic as good manners,  there is no hope for any of us to actually understand with confidence the written message.

  3. He refuses to follow the no ad-hominem rule of TruthTalk. He hides his
filth and arrogance behind the cover of "rebuking".  My suggestion at this
point is to vote with your delete key. As soon as you see a Daniel Lee post,
just delete it without reading it. When he begins to realize that he is
wasting his time posting filth and arrogance that no one is reading he will
either clean it up or go away.  If you choose to respond to Daniel's posts
be prepared to be demeaned, called names, and treated like dirt unless you
parrot his own beliefs back to him.

  4. Barring him from the list is always an option, but I would like all of
us to encourage him to reform his posting style a bit longer before
resorting to that extreme measure. I have a feeling that beneath all of that
hatred and anger Daniel might have some important input for us. He just
needs to learn how to influence people, instead of turning them away with
profanity, and arrogance. Miracles do happen.

It will never happen with this guy.  I understand your naivety on this matter, and respect your decision  -- but I do not agree with it at all.  If he has the Holy Spirit, Elsman has flees.   There is just nothing inside (his heart of hearts) that attracts contrition.   And how do I know this?   Because the author and finisher of our faith made it obvious when he endorsed the notion that our speech mirrors who we really are.   It is funny to me that some on this list that propose and defend "holiness" want this guy to remain while some of those who do not espouse the "holiness doctrine" want him gone and gone for the precise reason that holiness is as much a part of Daniel's life as is deodorant.   But  --  delete it is.

John