To tide you over till the next meeting, you might give
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/reference.en.html
a try.  Chapter 4 minus the Midnight Commander junk is pretty
quickstart-ish.  If you have questions about the install, Ch 3 might be
interesting.  Chapters 6 and 9 & up are probably worth a glance too.
Read what's interesting :)

Nate

Donald J Bindner wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 05:44:31PM -0600, Ashley Murdock wrote:
>> Ok..so I installed debian on a laptop (or at least I think i did!!)
and now