Hi everybody,
I have a problem with samba (ok, who don't) but I am wondering whether
there is a "way out." Several smbmounts got messed up (from my machine
to kronos and vica versa and later then xenon to). Trying to smbumount
the mounts just resulted in a
(for example)
Could not open kronos: Input/output error

Nothing seemed to help so I killed my smbmounts. Yet, the mess still
goes on.

I restarted my samba (init.d/samba restart). Did not help either.
Because I had no idea what to do anymore I wanted to see what happens
reloading my eth0 if. However, the script 'init.d/networking stop'
tells me:

NOT deconfiguring network interfaces: NFS/SMB shares still mounted.

OK, at that point you see I closed the circle. I have no idea what to
do anymore. It is very likely that I made some bad decisions in the
process of trying to solve the problem. Please, tell me what I did
wrong so I can learn something!

Thank you.
alex