Ian Monroe wrote:
Well, the distribution is SuSE 9.0 with KDE 3.2.1 I tried Kaffeine
0.4.2, it was running really good except the same problem. mplayer gave
message for slow system:

           **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
- Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
  - Try -ao sdl or use ALSA 0.5 or the OSS emulation of ALSA 0.9.
  - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
- Slow video output
  - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
- Slow CPU
  - Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU! Try -hardframedrop.
- Broken file
  - Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx -mc 0.
- Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
  - Try -cache 8192.
- Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI file?
  - Try -nocache.
The system is Dell Latitude 1.8GHz Ati Radeon 32MB video, 256Ram.

>Minko Minkov wrote:
>> hello guys,
>> I don't know what is your experience with DVDs but I have a little
>> problem. I use mplayer and it works fine, but when the DVD-ROM strats
>> reading from the DVD the picture and the sound stops for a while.
There