Justin,

I've been happy with Mandrake 10.0 and Fedora Core 2.  Both become
even better when you add apt for rpm repositories like the penguin
liberation front that package some programs that the distributions
can't really touch due to legalities.

For servers and other important boxes, I'm still a Debian supporter
although now that my company pays for it I also use Red Hat Enterprise
Server.