I like the KAFS name and as much as we deal with free software, the group also deals with commercial software at times. Why restrict the group by the name. Look at the members. Most are into alternative systems most of which are not Microsoft systems. Most use freely available downloaded operating systems and applications. Some purchase some or all of the systems. The common thread is that we have control of our systems, we learn how it works and we grow as our systems expands. I don't have a suggestion for a name at this point. As it has been said, using the name "Linux" in the name will restrict the group and I also believe that using "Free Software" in the group will be just as limiting. And finally, what prevents a Windows user from coming and learning even if he/she still wants to use Windows?

I think what you have here is a group of Kirksville areas computer enthusiasts with a common goal to have their computers do more that he average person. Hey, maybe I have a suggestion, KACE.

Bob Ackerman

Scott Thatcher wrote:

Hi, I'm not a voting member, but I think it would be a great idea to move
toward a name that mentions Free Software.  I like KAFS because it suggests
caffein, which I've always associated with installing Linux.

Scott Thatcher