I'm running gentoo with the 2.6.8.1 kernel and a pretty standard setup.
I can't get apropos to work. When I use man with the -k switch, (or
apropos) as in
$man -k string
I always get 'nothing appropriate'
I have the $MANPATH set correctly so I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any
ideas for a fix, or can you link me to more info on how man pages work?
Or is there a better way to search for names of apps/tools? I never
realized how often I search those things. I guess I'm very forgetful
when it comes to names of open source tools.

Thanks,
Josh

Oh, and good call on the shirt Ross. I think we all prefer black
anyway, at least until they invent a darker color (which I'm sure we
would hear about on slashdot)

http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?affid=-1&productID=60

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/sysadmin/688a/