I have posted an update of the RC1 release following Ron Gavlin's helpful
comments on tuscany-user
See  http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/RC1a/

I have now managed to produce detached .asc files (--detach-sig), and for
the moment I have experimented with creating a combined spec and impl source
distribution,  but I think Jeremy may have some thoughts on why it may be
better to stick with two separate archives.

I have began jotting down important points on creating the release at
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/SDOJavaReleaseSteps
-- it's very raw and I need to revisit some steps to recors the important
points,  but I'll keep improving it as this process goes on.

Regards, Kelvin.