Simon Laws wrote:
[snip]
From what you are saying a short term shopping list of functions seems to be
emerging.

Contribution uploader/manager(via browser)
Contribution addition/management from command line (adding as Luciano has
started this and useful for testing)
Workspace to register added contributions contributions
Parser to turn workspace contributions into a model that can be inspected
(doesn't need the machinery of a runtime)
Validator for validating contributions in a workspace
Domain/Node model reader/writer (implementation.node)
Function for assigning composites to nodes
Function for processing assigned composites in the context of the domain
(reference resolution, autowire) (again can be more lightweight than a
runtime but does needs access to binding specific processing)
Deployer for writing out contributions for nodes

What else is there?

Simon

Looks good to me, building on your initial list I added a few more items and tried to organize them in three categories:

A) Contribution workspace (containing installed contributions):
- Contribution model representing a contribution
- Reader for the contribution model
- Workspace model representing a collection of contributions
- Reader/writer for the workspace model
- HTTP based service for accessing the workspace
- Web browser client for the workspace service
- Command line client for the workspace service
- Validator for contributions in a workspace

B) Domain composite (containing deployed composites):
- We can just reuse the existing composite model
- HTTP based service for accessing the domain composite
- Web browser client for the domain composite service
- Command line client for the domain composite service
- Validator for composites deployed in the domain composite
- Function for processing wiring in the domain

C) Node configuration
- Implementation.node model
- Reader/writer for the implementation.node model
- Function for configuring composites assigned to nodes
- Function for pushing contributions and composites to nodes

D) Node runtime
- Runtime that loads a set of contributions and a composite
- HTTP based service for starting/stopping a node