On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 18:11 +0100, Fabio Forno wrote:
> Just to come to a conclusion. From you replies I guess your final
> thought is that a fix is not needed. If so I will at least release our
> fix as an unofficial patch for people that may be affected by the
> problem (I think that others could run in the same troubles, having
> components continuously dying for a bad client is not nice ;)).

You guessed wrong. As I mentioned earlier, I welcome patches, especially
with full tests. The first step would be to file a ticket on the Twisted
Trac instance.

The specific problem you mentioned seems easily circumvented with qn =
name.rsplit(' ', 1). The bigger issue of dropping
namespace-well-formedness, however, is a lot more work to get right. I
just don't currently have any incentive to work on this myself. Again,
contributions, even if only in discussing possible solutions, are
welcome.

ralphm