The OleDB drivers are a little different. I do two things to test them:

1. Create a file on my desktop called myconnection.udl. When you open this
file it is a data link properties item. Change the driver to UniData on the
providers tab. Enter the settings in the connection tab. The Data Source is
looking for the data source name you created with the uci config (like
localud). Careful, it's case-sensitive. The location is either a database
you have defined in ud_database or the full path the account (eg.
c:\unidata\demo). I check Use a specific user name and password and allow
saving password and make sure blank password is unchecked. Then I enter a
valid user name and password and then click the test connection button. It
should say OK. You may want to delete this file when you are done as it is
actually a plain text file with the user and password in clear text.

Once 1 is successful I use:

2. From http://gpoulose.home.att.net/ I downloaded the Query Tool (using
ADO). You then connect with it (much like the .udl file). It will let you
browse the tables/views setup with VSG as well as directly enter SQL
statements. There is also a query tool for ODBC that you can use to test
your ODBC setup.

The biggest "gottcha" is that many things are case-sensitive that you may
not expect. Treating everything as case-sensitive seems to really help
prevent problems.

Good luck

--
Colin Alfke
Calgary, Alberta Canada

"Just because something isn't broken doesn't mean that you can't fix it"

Stu Pickles