'Mafia' Terror Hits Mbarara

Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

Tushabire Tibyange
Mbarara

THE crime rate in Mbarara has taken a new pattern with criminals targeting high profile personalities in the town, RDC Clement Kandole has said.

He was addressing the district council at a session to mourn the slain councillor, Leonard Isingoma, on July 1 at the Council Hall.

"The district has been plagued by killers. If we are not careful, the town will be taken over by the mafia. We must be on top of the situation," Kandole said.

Isingoma was killed on June 30 at his home in Buremba, Kazo County, by unknown assailants who were later arrested on July 1 after President Yoweri Museveni ordered a crack down on the killers.

Relevant Links

The district has been rocked by murders involving high profile persons.

They include Eng Kwezi Akiiki, Dr Balagadde and Bwesharire Ruhinda.