On Freitag, Juli 4, 2003, at 06:19 Uhr, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:

If your BIOS can boot from the USB floppy, [..]

I had a chance yesterday to try. I turned the test laptop off, connected a USB floppy drive, turned it back on and tried to boot off the unattended CD: this time, it mounted the floppy image just fine. No BIOS upgrade, no changing any settings :-)

Thus, I guess that the BIOS does have (generic) floppy drivers, but only enables them when a floppy drive - internal or external - is actually present. I couldn't find an option to force-load those drivers.

Just plugging the floppy in to each of those laptops would work for me, though.

Thanks for your help.

--
Sören 'Chucker' Kuklau
<http://www.chucker.rasdi.net/>