Quote/Cytat - William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10...@btinternet.com> (Mon 13 Mar 2017 12:24:13 PM CET):

Prof. Janusz S. Bień wrote:

Just yet another reason for introducing the notion of textel?

I opine that it would be a good idea to introduce several new words, of which textel would be one, with each such new word having a precisely-defined meaning so that in precise discussions of programming techniques people could discuss the situation without needing to use any of the words character, code point, grapheme cluster.

How many such new words would be needed?

In my paper (in Polish)

http://bc.klf.uw.edu.pl/480/

I propose also the term "texton" meaning a code point from a specific subset, not yet fully defined, but including at least the components of composite characters.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)