Quote/Cytat - Manuel Strehl <bolde...@gmail.com> (Fri 17 Mar 2017 09:44:15 PM CET):

Hi,

for my work on codepoints.net and Emojipedia I found myself repeatedly
in a place, where I needed some tool like hexdump to inspect the content
of a string. However, instead of raw bytes I am more interested in the
code points that the string is composed of. So I wrote this tool.

Is somebody maintaining a list of such utilities?

There is a page

http://www.unicode.org/resources/online-tools.html

but I remember that earlier a page on the site used to be links to the programs mentioned in 2012 "Tool to convert characters to character names", in particular to Bill Poser's uniutils (http://billposer.org/Software/unidesc.html) and the orphaned unihist by a student of mine (https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/unihistext). I'm unable to find them now.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)