It would be combinations of Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji.

On 03/28/17 02:25, Koji Ishii-san wrote:
I think he meant Kanji/Han ideographic by "committed string".

<mailto:tfuji...@redhat.com>>:

    On 03/27/17 18:48, Mark Davis ☕️-san wrote:

        By "committed strings", you mean the hiragana phonetic reading?

    Hiragana is used to the raw text of the phonetic reading by the Japanese
input method before the conversion.
    After users select one of the converted strings, the converted strings are
committed on the text.
    I mean the major conversion of ja.xml is useful instead of remembering the
raw text as the converted result in the input method.

    Fujiwara

        Mark
        //////

        On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Takao Fujiwara <tfuji...@redhat.com
<mailto:tfuji...@redhat.com> <mailto:tfuji...@redhat.com
        <mailto:tfuji...@redhat.com>>> wrote:

            Hi,

            Do you have any chances to create a different version of ja.xml of
the Japanese emoji annotation?

http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/latest/common/annotations/ja.xml

<http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/latest/common/annotations/ja.xml>

<http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/latest/common/annotations/ja.xml

<http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/latest/common/annotations/ja.xml>>

            That file includes Hiragana only but I'd need another file which
has the committed strings, likes ja_convert.xml.
            E.g.
                           <annotation cp="♂">男 | 男性 | シンボル</annotation>

            instead of

                           <annotation cp="♂">おとこ | だんせい | しんぼる</annotation>

            I think the committed version is useful without input method and it
follows other languages.

            Thanks,
            Fujiwara