> > Since I need to keep the SuSE kernel for the host system for various
> > reasons, would it solve the problem, if I include the commandline syemu
> > patch in the guest kernel and start it with nosysemu parameter?
> I'm almost sure an updated SuSE kernel would solve this.

There are some uml updates for 9.2, not sure the (host) sysemu fix is in
the 9.2 update kernels though.

9.1 kernels are fine, these predate the sysemu support and thus also
don't include buggy sysemu support ;)

9.3 or a kernel-of-the-day
(http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/kernel/kotd/i386/HEAD/)
should be fine as well.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)