Hi All,My previous cassandra clusters had moderate loads, and I'd simply
schedule full repairs at different times in the week (but on the same day).
That seemed to work ok, but was redundant. In my current project, I'm going to
need to care about repair times a lot more, and was wondering what would be the
best way to go about it. I have a few questions around this:
* This would be a brand new cluster, and as such, was wondering if I could
simply turn on incremental repair from the get go.* I would then run nodetool
repair -pr -par -inc once a week on every node at (roughly) the same time once
a week. I'd do this with a cron job / external scheduler.* If I were to replace
a node, or one rejoins after being absent for longer than the grace period, I'd
run a full repair on that node.
Does this sound reasonable? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?
Thanks,Ashic.