We’ve found with incremental repairs that more frequent repairs are
generally better. Our current standard for incremental repairs is once per
day. I imagine that the exact optimum frequency is dependant on the ratio
of reads to write in your cluster.

Turning on incremental repairs from the get-go works OK if your data load
is increment. If you do a big load before your first incremental repair
then it’s not much different to migrating to incremental repairs so worth
following the procedures for migration to avoid a big impact.

Cheers
Ben

--
————————