Hi Sai,

We have a use case where we are designing a table that is going to have
around 50 billion rows and we require a very fast reads. Partitions are not
that complex/big, it has
some validation data for duplicate checks (consisting 4-5 int and varchar).
So we were trying various options to optimize read performance. Apart from
tuning Bloom Filter we are trying following thing:

1). Better data modelling (making appropriate partition and clustering keys)
2). Trying Leveled compaction (changing data model for this one)

Jonathan,

I understand that tuning bloom_filter_fp_chance will not have a drastic
performance gain.
But this is one of the many tings we are trying.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions to improve read
performance for this volume of data.

Also please let me know any performance benchmark technique (currently we
are planing to trigger massive reads from spark and check cfstats).

NOTE: we will be deploying DSE on EC2, so please suggest if you have
anything specific to DSE and EC2.

Adarsh

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5013)