Depends what you want to monitor.  I wouldn't use a lesser version of
Cassandra for OpsCenter, it doesn't give you a ton you can't get elsewhere
and it's not ever going to support OSS > 2.1, so you kind of limit yourself
to a pretty old version of Cassandra for a non-good reason.

What else do you use for monitoring in your infra?  I've used a mix of OSS
tools (nagios, statsd, graphite, ELK), and hosted solutions. The nice part
about them is that you can monitor your whole stack in a single UI not just
your database.