Also if we talk about backup strategy for Cassandra Data then essentially
there are couple of strategies that are adopted:

1. Incremental Backups. The old sstables will remain inside a backup
directory and can be shipped to a storage location like AWS Glacier, etc.
2. Snapshotting : Hardlinks of sstables will get created. This is a very
fast process and latest data is captured into sstables after flushing
memtables, snapshots will be created in snapshots directory. But snapshot
does not provide you the feature to go back to a certain point in time but
incremental backups give you that feature.

Depending on the use case, you can use 1 or 2 or both.