I don't use 3.x so hopefully someone with operational experience can chime
in, however my understanding is: 1) Incremental repairs should be the
default in the 3.x release branch and 2) sstable repairedAt is now properly
set in all sstables as of 2.2.x for standard repairs and therefore manual
migration procedure should be necessary. It may still be a good idea to
manually migrate if you have a sizable amount of data and are using LCS as
anticompaction is rather painful.