Hi;
  We have a Cassandra cluster ( version 2.0.14 ) spanning across 4
datacenters with 50 nodes each. We are planning to enable SSL between the
datacenters. We are following the standard procedure for enabling SSL (
http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2015/09/30/hardening-cassandra-step-by-step-part-1-server-to-server.html)
. We were planning to enable SSL for each datacenter at a time.

        During the rolling restart, it's expected that the nodes in the
datacenter that had the service restarted, will show as down by the nodes
in other datacenters that have not restarted the service. This would lead
to missed writes among various nodes during this procedure.

What would be the recommended procedure for enabling SSL on a live
production cluster without the chaos.

thanks
Sai