@Alain now we agree with on this point "the repair continuing for ranges
not involving the dead node"
 and we agree with that it will fail for ranges involve the down node.

actually i dont think this is a good idea of “those ranges including the
dead node could be repaired between the 2 other replicas that are up
(considering RF=3)”.
we dont know which is the latest record from two replicates,(the down node
may be the right record)so even if we repair,we just get the latest record
of these two replicates,but not the right one.