Hello,

We have 2.0.17 cassandra cluster(*DC1*) with a cross dc setup with a
smaller cluster(*DC2*).  After reading various blogs about
scheduling/running repairs looks like its good to run it with the following

-pr for primary range only
-st -et for sub ranges
-par for parallel
-dc to make sure we can schedule repairs independently on each Data centre
we have.

i have configured the above using the repair utility @
https://github.com/BrianGallew/cassandra_range_repair.git

which leads to the following command :

./src/range_repair.py -k [keyspace] -c [columnfamily name] -v -H localhost
-p -D* DC1*

but looks like the merkle tree is being calculated on nodes which are part
of other *DC2.*

why does this happen? i thought it should only look at the nodes in local
cluster. however on nodetool the* -pr* option cannot be used with
*-local* according
to docs @
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/tools/toolsRepair.html

so i am may be missing something, can someone help explain this please.

thanks
anishek