If your read operation requires data from multiple partitions and the
partitions are spread across multiple nodes then the coordinator has the
job of contacting the multiple nodes to get the data and return to the
client. So, in your scenario, if you did a select * from table (with no
where clause) the coordinator would need to contact and execute a read on
at least one other node to satisfy the query.

Cheers
Ben

--
————————