Hello,

We are using Cassandra 2.1.13 with each node having a NVMe disk with the
configuration of Total Capacity - 1.2TB, Alloted Capacity -  880GB. We would
like to increase the default value of 32 for the param concurrent_reads. But
the document says

"(Default: 32)note For workloads with more data than can fit in memory, the
bottleneck is reads fetching data from disk. Setting to (16 × number_of_drives)
allows operations to queue low enough in the stack so that the OS and drives
can reorder them. The default setting applies to both logical volume managed
(LVM) and RAID drives."

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/configuration/configCassandra_yaml_r.html#reference_ds_qfg_n1r_1k__concurrent_reads

According to this hardware specification, what could be the optimal value that
can be set for concurrent_reads?

Best Regards,

Julian.