Hello Razi,

Since you were using a highly stable version of 2.1.x, you may want to
stick with using 3.0.9. 3.7 has introduced many great features, but has not
been as heavily tested in production as 3.0.9.

Running heterogenous clusters, even when using the same major version (e.g.
3.0.8 and 3.0.9), is never recommended. Running a cluster that spans major
releases, for longer than the timespan of a routine upgrade, is strongly
not advised.

Hope that helps!

Joaquin Casares
Consultant