Hi,

When inserting different data into a list type column from different
clients at the same time, is data supposed to be combined into one
list?

For example,  if these 2 queries were requested from clients at the
same timing, how events list should look like after?

INSERT INTO cycling.upcoming_calendar (year, month, events) VALUES
(2015, 06, ['A']);
INSERT INTO cycling.upcoming_calendar (year, month, events) VALUES
(2015, 06, ['B']);

In my understanding, each operation should be treated as atomic, which
makes me think that even if client throw the queries at the same time,
cassandra would take them separately and the last insert would update
the events list. (= data should be either ['A'] or ['B'])

In my environment, I found that some data was saved as like ['A',B']
in the case like above.
Is this expected behavior of list data type?

I am still new to cassandra and trying to make myself understood how
this happened.
Appreciate if you could help me with figuring this out!

Thanks,
Aoi