Hi,

where can I change that default location /tmp/lib it is using for creating the
jar files?

Cassandra uses Java property java.io.tmpdir as temporary folder. By default
it's /tmp but can be changed with command line arguments:

cassandra -Djava.io.tmpdir=/path/to/tmpdir

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra on Azure and SoftLayer.
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 23:54:58 -0400sudheer k
<sudheer.hdp...@gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi All,

I faced issue with triggers today. Below is the clear description of the issue:

1) When we planned to use triggers, we placed the triggers.jar file in
/conf/triggers folder in Cassandra, restarted the Cassandra service and created
a trigger in CQLSH. Everything was working good as expected.

2) Recently we started getting the below error in Cassandra logs saying
trigger.jar is missing in /tmp/lib directory folder.

ServerError: <ErrorMessage code=0000 [Server error]
message="com.sun.jersey.spi.service.ServiceConfigurationError:
com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.InjectableProvider: : java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/tmp/lib/cassandra-8906616690931579554.jar (No such file or directory)">

3) We thought that the jar is corrupted somehow and reloaded the triggers again
by placing the newly created jar and it worked fine.

4) We saw the similar error in other environments and saw that /tmp/lib folder
is not present in the server as our open stack servers have a retention policy
of 15 days and after that it deletes the /tmp/ files. As the /tmp/ files are
deleted, Cassandra is still pointing to the deleted trigger.jar and not
allowing the application to insert the records into the table and throwing the
errors.

5) So we came to know like whenever we reloadtriggers, it is creating a new jar
file in /tmp/lib/ directory as cassandra-8754700968157790389.jar (numbers keep
changing) and using this jar file for reference but not using the jar that we
placed in /conf/triggers folder.

6) I just need to know where can I change that default location /tmp/lib it is
using for creating the jar files?

Whether I can change that directory location to something else and use for my
Cassandra servers alone?

If there is any other solution, it is highly appreciated.

Note: Our management doesn't want to change the /tmp/ directory retention
policy as it is common for all our servers in all the environments.

--

Regards

Sudheer