Hi Shalom,

There is a pretty good write up of the procedure written up here (
https://docs.datastax.com/en/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgrdCassandraDetails.html).
Things to highlight are:

   - Don't have a repair running while carrying out the upgrade (so that
   does timebox your upgrade).
   - When the upgrade is complete.  Run "nodetool upgradesstables" on all
   the nodes.

Pretty much what you suggested.

Best wishes,

Ben