Restoring SSTables is not trivial in terms of restoring a consistent state.
It depends on your failure scenario.

- Do you want to recover from unintentionally deleted data? Then it is
possible that you restore the data on one node, run a repair and the data
is deleted again because the tombstones are newer and you just resurrect
your data again. So - you really need to know what you are doing.
- Do you want to recover from complete loss? Maybe its easier to set up a
backup DC.
- You want to resume a dead node? Just rebuild / replace it.
- You truncated a table and want to restore it? Then restoring backed up
SSTables may work as disaster recovery. Although you will lose data between
backup + truncate.

Does that answer your question or did you mean sth completely different?

--
Benjamin Roth
Prokurist

Jaumo GmbH · www.jaumo.com
Wehrstraße 46 · 73035 Göppingen · Germany
Phone +49 7161 304880-6 · Fax +49 7161 304880-1
AG Ulm · HRB 731058 · Managing Director: Jens Kammerer