On sending side no high CPU/IO/etc utilization.

But on receiving node I see that one "STREAM-IN" thread takes 100% CPU and
it just doesn't scale by design since "Each stream is a single thread" (
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg42095.html)

Maybe your System cannot Stream faster. Is your cpu or hd/ssd fully