My development team has been trying to track down the cause of this Read
timeout (30 seconds or more at times) exception below. We’re running a 2 data
center deployment with 3 nodes in each data center. Our tables are setup with
replication factor = 2 and we have 16G dedicated to the heap with the G1GC for
garbage collection. Our systems are AWS M4.2xlarge with 8 CPUs and 32GB of RAM
and we have 2 general purpose EBS volumes on each node of 500GB each. Once we
start getting these timeouts the cluster doesn’t recover and we are required to
shut all Cassandra node down and restart. If anyone has any tips on where to
look or what commands to run to help us diagnose this issue we’d be eternally
grateful.

2017-01-02 04:33:35.161 [ERROR]
[report-compute.ffbec924-ce44-11e6-9e21-0adb9d2dd624] [reportCompute]
[ahlworkerslave2.bos.manhattan.aspect-cloud.net:31312] [WorktypeMetrics]
Persistence failure when replaying events for persistenceId
[/fsms/pens/worktypes/bmwbpy.314]. Last known sequence number [0]
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException: Cassandra timeout
during read query at consistency ONE (1 responses were required but only 0
replica responded)
    at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.getValue(AbstractFuture.java:299)
    at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.get(AbstractFuture.java:286)
    at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:116)
    at
akka.persistence.cassandra.package$$anon$1$$anonfun$run$1.apply(package.scala:17)
    at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:192)
Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException: Cassandra
timeout during read query at consistency ONE (1 responses were required but
only 0 replica responded)
    at
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException.copy(ReadTimeoutException.java:115)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error.asException(Responses.java:124)
    at
com.datastax.driver.core.RequestHandler$SpeculativeExecution.onSet(RequestHandler.java:477)
    at
com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Dispatcher.channelRead0(Connection.java:1005)
    at
com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Dispatcher.channelRead0(Connection.java:928)
Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException: Cassandra
timeout during read query at consistency ONE (1 responses were required but
only 0 replica responded)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error$1.decode(Responses.java:62)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error$1.decode(Responses.java:37)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Message$ProtocolDecoder.decode(Message.java:266)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Message$ProtocolDecoder.decode(Message.java:246)
    at
io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:89)

RICHARD NEY
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
+1 (978) 848.6640 WORK
+1 (916) 846.2353 MOBILE
UNITED STATES
richard....@aspect.com<mailto:richard....@aspect.com>
aspect.com<http://www.aspect.com/>

[mailSigLogo-rev.jpg]
This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc.
and may contain information that is confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message. Please
notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.