De : D. Salvatore [mailto:dd.salvat...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 4 janvier 2017 16:28
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Cassandra CPU perfomance

Hi,

I deployed a Cassandra 2.2 ring composed by 4 nodes in the cloud with 8 vCPU
and 8GB of ram. I am running some tests now with cassandra-stress and YCSB
tools to test its performance. I am mainly interested in read requests with a
small amount of write requests (95%/5%).

Running the experiments, I noticed that even setting a high number of threads
(or clients) the CPU (and disk) does not saturate, but still always around the
60% of utilisation.

I am trying to figure out where is the bottleneck in my system. From the
hardware point of view it seems all ok to me.

I also looked into the Cassandra configuration file to see if there are some
tuning parameters to increase the system throughput. I increase the value of
concurrent_read/write parameter, but it doesn't increase the performance. The
log file also does not contain any warning.

What it could be that is limiting my system?

Thanks