Hi Everyone,

I'm using C* v3.0.9 for a cluster of 3 DCs with RF 3 in each DC. All
read/write queries are set to consistency LOCAL_QUORUM.
The relevant keyspace is built as follows:

*CREATE KEYSPACE mykeyspace WITH replication = {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'DC1': '3', 'DC2': '3', 'DC3': '3'}  AND
durable_writes = true;*

I use* Datastax driver 3.0.1*

When I performed a resiliency test for the application, each time I dropped
one node, the client got the following error:

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.WriteTimeoutException: Cassandra
timeout during write query at consistency TWO (2 replica were required but
only 1 acknowledged the write)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.WriteTimeoutException.copy(WriteTimeoutException.java:73)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.WriteTimeoutException.copy(WriteTimeoutException.java:26)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.DriverThrowables.propagateCause(DriverThrowables.java:37)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.DefaultResultSetFuture.getUninterruptibly(DefaultResultSetFuture.java:245)
at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractSession.execute(AbstractSession.java:63)
at
humanclick.ldap.commImpl.siteData.CassandraSiteDataDaoSpring.updateJprunDomains(CassandraSiteDataDaoSpring.java:121)
at
humanclick.ldap.commImpl.siteData.CassandraSiteDataDaoSpring.createOrUpdate(CassandraSiteDataDaoSpring.java:97)
at
humanclick.ldapAdapter.dataUpdater.impl.SiteDataToLdapUpdater.update(SiteDataToLdapUpdater.java:280)

After a few seconds the error no longer recurs. I have no idea why there's
a timeout since there are additional replicas that satisfy the consistency
level, and I'm more baffled when the error showed *"Cassandra timeout
during write query at consistency TWO (2 replica were required but only 1
acknowledged the write)"*

Any ideas?  I'm quite at a loss here.

Thanks!

Shalom Sagges
DBA
T: +972-74-700-4035
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/164748> <http://twitter.com/liveperson>
<http://www.facebook.com/LivePersonInc> We Create Meaningful Connections

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the