I'd say the benchmark would be complete only when at the point of inflexion
the necessary system benchmarks are provided.

Looking at scylladb report it is unclear as to what system parameter was
being the bottleneck. Also an observation - its mentioned in the report
that they are using 1KB ro and probably using default compression settings
so this could be a possible bottleneck (everytime 64K object would be
picked off and decompressed even though record is 1/64th the size):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nosql-databases/9pett319cgs
This would really cripple performance if its the case.

Tuning 99%ile would be tricky in case of java because of background GC
happening - that really has to do with how GC parameters are tuned for the
specific workload.

I believe its pertinent to evaluate cassandra defaults - 100 MB per core
new heap which is recommended the Compression size which can cause troubles.

>>> https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dani-traphagen/31/93b/b85>  [
>>> https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/WcFJcWZHKXnxu01V6zJIQapcG