The cluster is in two DCs, and yes the client is deployed locally to each DC.

From: Matija Gobec <matija0...@gmail.com<mailto:matija0...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 2:56 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>"
<user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: ONE has much higher latency than LOCAL_ONE

Are you running a multi DC cluster? If yes do you have application in both data
centers/regions ?

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Shannon Carey
<sca...@expedia.com<mailto:sca...@expedia.com>> wrote:
I am seeing unexpected behavior: consistency level ONE increases read latency
99th percentile to ~108ms (95th percentile to 5ms-90ms) up from ~5ms (99th
percentile) when using LOCAL_ONE.

I am using DSE 5.0 with Datastax client 3.0.0. The client is configured with a
TokenAwarePolicy wrapping a DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy with usedHostsPerRemoteDc
set to a very high number. Cassandra cluster has two datacenters.

I would expect that when the cluster is operating normally (all local nodes
reachable), ONE would behave the same as LOCAL_ONE. The  Does anyone know why
this is not the case?