ONE means at least one replica node to ack the write, but doesn't require
that the coordinator route the request to a node in the local data center.

LOCAL_ONE was introduced to handle the case of when you have multiple data
centers and cross data center traffic is not desirable.

In multiple datacenter clusters, a consistency level of ONE is often
desirable, but cross-DC traffic is not. LOCAL_ONEaccomplishes this. For
security and quality reasons, you can use this consistency level in an
offline datacenter to prevent automatic connection to online nodes in other
datacenters if an offline node goes down.

From:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/dml/dml_config_consistency_c.html

Regards,

Eric