This is prudent advice, but a rolling upgrade from DDC 3.7.0 to Apache
Cassandra 3.10, after updating your sources.list should also work fine.
Just back up all your configurations, and if your data is mission
critical, follow good backup strategy for that, too. Testing the upgrade
in your production staging environment is also very prudent.

The DDC deb packages were built directly from the Apache Cassandra
debian/ contents, after a little patching out of the java dependency.

The default configuration file and data locations are identical.

Do keep in mind, if you have a custom JDK install that didn't come from
a deb package that satisfies the java dependency, the Apache Cassandra
deb will pull in OpenJDK - you can use it or not by setting the
appropriate configurations.

http://cassandra.apache.org/download/ has the Apache Cassandra 3.10
sources list and gpg key info for deb installations.

--
Kind regards,
Michael