In 3 out of 5 nodes of our new DC the rebuild process finished
successfully. In the other two nodes not (the process was hanging doing
nothing) so we killed it, removed all data and started again. This time
finished successfully.

Here is the netstats output of one of the new newly added nodes:

Mode: NORMAL
Not sending any streams.
Read Repair Statistics:
Attempted: 269142
Mismatch (Blocking): 169866
Mismatch (Background): 4
Pool Name                    Active   Pending      Completed   Dropped
Commands                        n/a         2       10031126      1935