AFAIK, the fastest way to add multiple nodes is to make sure your clients
are only reading/writing to/from your current datacenter, create a new
datacenter with replication 0, add nodes to the new datacenter, increase
replication factor of the new datacenter, do `nodetool bootstrap` on all
nodes on new datacenter, point your clients to the new DC and finally
decommision the old one. I've done that multiple times and it's been much
faster than adding a few nodes. Obviously, this depends on how much data
you have...

/J

--
Jens Rantil