Would you please share what changes you made that proves helpful for you?

From: Akshay Suresh [mailto:akshay.sur...@unotechsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:33 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Slow writes and Frequent timeouts

Hi
It turned out to be an issue in my yaml file - Each record had a size in GB. I
modified my yaml and I am getting
good results.

Thanks for the support.
Cheers.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Akshay Suresh
<akshay.sur...@unotechsoft.com<mailto:akshay.sur...@unotechsoft.com>> wrote:
Hi

- Hardware Specs
RAM: 14GB
Cores: 8
Disk: 440GB SSD

- I have deployed 7 instances ( Earlier, I mentioned 8 but I had to
decommission 1 due to low disk space ) on AWS.
- Every node is in the same datacenter.
.
- I have created a custom schema with 28 columns. Created a simple YAML file
for the stress tool.
The command is as follows:
./cassandra-stress user profile=foo.yml duration=180m ops\(insert=1\) cl=one
-rate threads=850
- I have used a heap space of 7GB. I am using the default CMS for GC.
I am clearing all the data and logs. I will try to replicate the issue and post
the exact metrics.

Thanks in advance.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Jon Haddad