Hi –
  We’re currently on 3.9 and have been told that Cassandra 3.10 is a more
stable version to be on. We’ve been using the datastax-ddc rpms in our
production and dev environments (on 3.9) and it appears there is no 3.10 rpm
version out yet. We tried to build our own rpm (our devops processes use rpms,
so changing to using tarballs is not easily done) and found that the build
process fails (to do with the byteman-3.0.3 jar) that we manage to patch and
get working (with rpmbuild). My concerns/questions are these:

-          Is the 3.10 version actually stable enough given that the build
failed (we obtained the source from this location:
http://apache.mirrors.tds.net/cassandra/3.10/apache-cassandra-3.10-src.tar.gz)
and used the attached patch file for byteman during the build process)?

-          Are there any other issues with the binaries that we need to be
aware of (other patches)?

I’m concerned that there may be other issues and that we really won’t know
since we’re not Cassandra experts, so looking for feedback from this group on
whether we should just stay with 3.9 or if it’s safe to proceed with this
approach. I can share the spec file and patch files that we’ve setup for the
build process, if desired.

Regards,
DHRUVA GOPAL
sr. MANAGER, ENGINEERING
REPORTING, ANALYTICS AND BIG DATA
+1 408.325.2011 WORK
+1 408.219.1094 MOBILE
UNITED STATES
dhruva.go...@aspect.com<mailto:dhruva.go...@aspect.com>
aspect.com<http://www.aspect.com/>
[escription: http://webapp2.aspect.com/EmailSigLogo-rev.jpg]

This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc.
and may contain information that is confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message. Please
notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.