If you make all as 10gb each, they will compact immediately into same size
again.

The idea is actually to trigger the compaction so the tombstones will be
removed. That's the whole purpose of the split. and if the split sstable
has lots of tombstones, it'll be compacted to a much smaller size.
Also, you can always play with the compaction threshold to suit your needs.

Shalom Sagges
DBA
T: +972-74-700-4035
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/164748> <http://twitter.com/liveperson>
<http://www.facebook.com/LivePersonInc> We Create Meaningful Connections
<https://liveperson.docsend.com/view/8iiswfp>

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the