My question is about cassandra, ultimately I'm trying to figure out why our clusters performance degrades approximately every 6 days. I noticed that the load as reported by nodetool status was very high, but that might be unrelated to the problem. A restart solves the performance problem.

I've attached a latency graph for inserts into the cluster as you can see over the weekend there was a massive latency spike, and it was fixed by a restart of all the nodes.