Some random thoughts; I would like to thank you for giving us an
interesting problem. Cassandra can get boring sometimes, it is too stable.

- Do you have a way to monitor the network traffic to see if it is
increasing between restarts or does it seem relatively flat?
- What activities are happening when you observe the (increasing)
latencies? Something must be writing to keyspaces, something I presume is
reading. What is the workload?
- when using SSD, there are some /devices optimizations for SSD's. I wonder
if those were done (they will cause some IO latency, but not like this)

*Daemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA (+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*